Curriculum Handbook - Table of Contents
Course/Curricula Summary for 2013-2014 Review (Academic Senate Consent Agenda)
Chapter 1: Process, Deadlines, Roles and Responsibilities
- Curriculum Cycle for 2015-17 Catalog
- Curriculum Development and Approval Workflow
- Preparation of Curriculum Proposals for 2015-2017 Catalog
- Curriculum Roles and Responsibilities
- 2013-2014 Course Review - Exceptions to Catalog Review Cycle
NOTE: During the Fall 2013 term, the priority of the Academic Senate Curriculum Committee will be reviewing curricular proposals from departments to reduce units in degree programs. This is in response to the CSU Board of Trustees’ request to evaluate programs that are greater than 180 units. Please be advised that other proposals will be reviewed only as time permits.
Chapter 2: Course Policies
- New Courses
- Topic Courses (formerly known as Subtitle Courses)
- Selected Topics Courses
- General Education Courses
- UNIV - University Studies Courses
- U. S. Cultural Pluralism Courses
- New Degree Programs
- Baccalaureate Program Requirements (units, Major, etc.)
- Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- Choice of Catalog (Students' Right to Choose)
- University Learning Objectives
- Academic Policies
Chapter 4: Summary of Proposed Changes
- Status of 2013-15 Catalog Program Proposals
- Summary of 2013-15 Catalog Curriculum Changes
- Course/Curricula Summary for 2012-2013 Review
- Course/Curricula Summary for 2013-2014 Review (Academic Consent Senate Agenda)
- To update courses or programs for the 2015-17 catalog, faculty should use the Curriculum Management portlet found on the Academics tab of their portal.
- To update courses in the current 2013-15 catalog, first consult the online Curriculum Handbook and then send an email to email@example.com to request a hard copy form. Indicate whether a Course Modification request or Course Proposal form is needed.
- To propose online delivery of course in the 2013-15 catalog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an eLearning addendum. The form is completed for courses in which more than 50% of traditional face-to-face instruction time is to be replaced with eLearning technologies.
- To propose a Graduate Certificate Program for the 2013-15 catalog, send an email to email@example.com to request the proposal form.
- Selected Topics Course Proposal - For use by faculty to propose a selected topic course (270, 470, 471, 570, 571, etc.).
- Blanket Substitution - For use by Department Chair/Head to propose a curriculum substitution; the change applies to all students in the major.
- Add Request for Approved Electives - For use by Department Chair/Head to add a course to a list of approved electives for a program in an existing catalog.
- Consulting memo for Curriculum Change - To notify another department that one of their courses is being added or removed as a requirement or elective in a program's curriculum.
- Consulting memo Template - This example template is to be used for a new course proposal when a new course will be added by another department to one of their programs.