Curriculum Handbook - Table of Contents
Course/Curricula Summary for 2014-2015 Review (Academic Senate Consent Agenda)
Chapter 1: Process, Deadlines, Roles and Responsibilities
- Curriculum Cycle for 2015-17 Catalog
- Curriculum Development and Approval Workflow
- Preparation and Review of Curriculum Proposals for 2015-2017 Catalog (instructions and user guides)
- Curriculum Roles and Responsibilities
- 2014-2015 Course Review - Exceptions to Catalog Review Cycle
NOTE: During the Fall 2014 term, the priority of the Academic Senate Curriculum Committee will be reviewing proposals for the 2015-17 catalog.
Chapter 2: Course Policies and Guidelines
- Guidelines for Preparing and Reviewing Course Proposals
- New Courses
- Topic Courses (formerly known as Subtitle Courses)
- Selected Topics Courses
- General Education Courses
- UNIV - University Studies Courses
- U. S. Cultural Pluralism Courses
- Online and Hybrid Courses
- New Degree Programs
- Baccalaureate Program Requirements (units, Major, etc.)
- Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- Choice of Catalog (Students' Right to Choose)
- University Learning Objectives
- Academic Policies
Chapter 4: Summary of Proposed Changes
- Status of 2015-17 Catalog Program Proposals
- Summary of 2015-17 Catalog Curriculum Changes
- Course/Curricula Summary for 2013-2014 Review
- Course/Curricula Summary for 2014-2015 Review (Academic Consent Senate Agenda)
- To update courses or programs for the 2015-17 catalog, faculty should use the Curriculum Management portlet found on the Academics tab of their portal.
- To update courses in the current 2013-15 catalog, first consult the online Curriculum Handbook and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy form. Indicate whether a Course Modification request or Course Proposal form is needed.
- To propose online delivery of course in the 2013-15 catalog, send an email to email@example.com to request an eLearning addendum. The form is completed for courses in which more than 50% of traditional face-to-face instruction time is to be replaced with eLearning technologies.
- To propose a Graduate Certificate Program for the 2013-15 catalog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the proposal form.
- Consulting Memo Templates:
- New Course with similar or overlapping content - Use when proposing a new course with similar or overlapping content in a course offered by another department.
- New Course to be added to another department’s curriculum - Use when proposing a new course to be added as a requirement or elective in a program offered by another department.
- New Course with requisites offered by another department - Use when proposing a new course that will have course requisites offered by another department.
- Edit Course, adding/removing requisites - Use when making changes to a course’s requisites, which involves adding or removing requisites that are courses offered by another department.
- Edit Course, changing a cross-listed course - Use when making changes to a course that is cross-listed with another department.
- Edit Program, adding/removing courses offered by another department – Use when making changes to a program’s curriculum, which involves adding or removing courses offered by another department.
- Other Forms:
- Selected Topics Course Proposal - For use by faculty to propose a selected topic course (270, 470, 471, 570, 571, etc.).
- Blanket Substitution - For use by Department Chair/Head to propose a curriculum substitution; the change applies to all students in the major.
- Add Request for Approved Electives - For use by Department Chair/Head to add a course to a list of approved electives for a program in an existing catalog.