Academic Disqualification Status Appeal Form-Now Closed
If you have specific questions, you can reach out to your college advising center.
Before completing this online form
- Carefully review Cal Poly’s Academic Probation & Disqualification Policy.
- Reflect on the circumstances that have contributed to your academic disqualification status.
- Type your appeal and success plan in a separate document first, then cut and paste it into the appropriate sections below.
- Have all supporting documents ready in PDF format labeled EXACTLY as shown. CalPolyUsername_major_DocName.pdf (EX: cpmusty1_psyc_DrNote.pdf).
- Review academic probation support page to learn about resources, how to calculate GPA, explanation of policy .
- Reference other resources if needed. PolyPlanner, campus resources, calculate GPA and Major GPA.
Basis for Appeal
Students in disqualification status are invited to submit a written appeal to explain any extenuating circumstances, including personal hardship, that have impeded their ability to succeed academically during Spring Quarter. Appeals may include additional documentation that provides support verifying these circumstances (i.e., a note from doctor or counselor, medical statements, financial statements, etc.).
Once submitted, this appeal packet and supporting documentation become property of Cal Poly.