The Quarter Campus
The Cal Poly academic Class Schedule is published four times a year: summer, fall, winter and spring.
Searching for Classes
COMING SOON! Class Search is made available through PeopleSoft, Cal Poly's student information system. Those who do not have a Cal Poly username and password may use this tool to view the Class Schedule for a term.
- Enter the Institution: Cal Poly
- Terms can be easily identified through the last digit of the four digit term code.
- Winter = 2
- Spring = 4
- Summer = 6
- Fall = 8
- Enter a "2" followed by the last two digits of the desired year, "20," followed by the term code. As an Example, Winter 2020 would be entered as: 2202.
- A user may see previous terms. Future terms are available one to two weeks prior to the start of registration for the term.
- Enter a minimum of two (2) search criteria to search for results. Additional Search Criteria can be selected by expanding the menu.
Helpful Hint: Second Search Item
If there is only one item you would like to search on, expand Additional Search Criteria and use the drop down filter for Campus: Main Cal Poly Campus. Cal Poly only uses the main campus for scheduling purposes so this will return all results and satisfy the system requirement for two search criteria.
Basic class Search criteria:
Subject: The subject area for the specific course
Course Number: The course number
Course Career: Undergraduate or Postbaccalaureate
Show Open Course Checkbox: Leave selected to only view courses that are in "open" status (i.e. have seats available)
Course Attribute: Options include Fully Online; General Education areas; US Cultural Pluralism; and Graduation Writing Requirement
If selecting Course Attribute of General Education area, select the specific area under Course Attribute Value
Helpful Hint: Open GE Courses
To see all "open" General Education courses in the Class Schedule, select the checkbox for Open Course and search for the specific General Education area. By leaving search criteria broad, results will return values for open courses offered across all subject areas for that particular GE Area.
Additional Search Criteria:
Expand the Additional Search Criteria for additional filters. There are a variety of search criteria which may be used.
Helpful Hint: Campus and Location
Campus: Cal Poly only utilizes the Main Cal Poly Campus in the Class Schedule
Location: This filter may be used to see offerings available off campus. Oftentimes, these courses are related to the Cal Poly International Program and have specific requirements to enroll.