Notice of University Departure
Have you Considered a Leave of Absence?
- A leave of absence is a temporary leave from the university, which may be necessary during your undergraduate career. A leave of absence also ensures that your program of study and access to services remain active.
- Declaring a leave of absence communicates to the university that you will not be attending Cal Poly for more than two terms.
- If you are withdrawing from courses in the current term, but intend to enroll in the next term, a leave of absence is not required.
- You may elect to take a leave of absence for a variety of reasons:
- Medical emergencies
- Family crisis or other personal situations
- Financial issues
- Academic difficulties
- You must be eligible to enroll in the term the leave begins. Two leaves with a maximum of eight quarters combined are available to each student and cannot be extended beyond the limit. Summer quarters are not included when calculating the length of a leave.
- Please visit the Office of the Registrar if a leave of absence is more applicable to your situation