For Department Academic Schedulers
Class scheduling resources for academic department class schedulers:
- Request Scheduling Update Access in PeopleSoft Student Administration – Submit a Technical Service Request through the Single Click Access area of your Portal.
- Choose New CMS Account Request
- Step 1: Choose New User or Add/Change current security and complete all fields marked with an asterisk.
- Step 2: Choose CMS PeopleSoft Student Administration > Student Records and enter "Class Scheduler" in text box. Click Submit for Approval.
- Class Scheduling Production Calendar – Deadlines for class schedule development.
- Submitting Academic Schedule Changes – Opens as PDF. Please follow this format when emailing your change requests, so we can make changes efficiently and accurately with the fewest email exchanges possible.
- Planning Phase Checklist - Opens as PDF. Provides checklist for each aspect of Planning Phase data.
- Approved Scheduling Time Patterns – Designed to maximize both student access to classes, as well as facility utilization, updated 8/30/2016.
- Special Final Exams – Requesting common finals, final exams for classes scheduled in irregular time patterns, and alternate final exams.
- University Lecture Rooms effective Winter 2017 - Opens as PDF. List of university-scheduled lecture rooms, by building and capacity, updated 11/21/16.
- University Lecture Rooms effective Summer 2017 – Opens as PDF. List of university-scheduled lecture rooms, by building and capacity, updated 6/5/17.
- Summer Term 2017 Scheduling Materials – Five-, eight-, and ten-week course session dates, approved Summer scheduling time patterns (these are different from patterns used for the other terms), and final exam schedules. Additional information regarding Summer 2017 is available on Extended Education's website at http://summer.calpoly.edu.
Training Resources for Schedulers:
- Scheduling User Guide to PeopleSoft - Opens as PDF. Updated 8-2-16. Resources and Overview of PeopleSoft fields required for entering and proofing academic schedules.
- Schedule of Classes Dashboard User Guide – Opens as PDF. Updated 10/16/12. Review your current and upcoming schedules using the PolyData Dashboards, accessible through the Single Click Access area of your Portal. Much of the Schedule of Classes Report information can be reviewed in a format similar to our proofing and reporting spreadsheets. This is especially useful for reviewing your data entry while you have update access. (Data warehouse information is updated only once daily, so changes will not be reflected until the next day.)
- Generating Permission Numbers User Guide – Opens as PDF. Updated for PeopleSoft 9.0, instructions for generating permission numbers and selecting the appropriate control settings.
- Reviewing Reserve Capacities User Guide - Opens as PDF.
- Scheduling Tips & Resources provided at Block Scheduling Open Forum, PDF and Word (February 2010).
- University Scheduling Updates, Tips & Resources slide presentation and samples (10/24/2008).
Other scheduling and curriculum resources:
- Curriculum Handbook – Everything you need to know about curriculum including deadlines, policies and forms.
- Academic Policies – Academic Programs' policies affecting curricula.
- CS Numbers and K-Factors – Contact hours and workload for course components are determined using this CSU Classification System.
- CSU Learning Mode Codes - List of CSU learning mode codes used for reporting to the Chancellor's Office.
- FAD Calendar for Reporting – Reporting deadlines for class schedule data.
- Campus Administrative Policy – University policy regarding class scheduling.
- Multimedia and Smart Lecture Rooms – Technology, 360° video and diagrams of these specially-equipped lecture rooms.
- Permission Numbers – Instructions and restrictions of registration permission numbers.
- Waitlisting – Instructions and restrictions of registration waitlisting.
Curriculum- and scheduling-related presentations:
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, October 21, 2016.
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, May 20, 2016.
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, December 4, 2015.
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, May 29, 2015.
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, January 30, 2015.
- Scheduling Tools Handout provided at ASUG meeting, January 30, 2015.
- Academic Scheduler User Group PowerPoint presentation, October 3, 2014.
- Prerequisite Project Open Forum, PowerPoint (presented October 28, 2010 and November 5, 2010).