Note: The Office of the Registrar is currently operating virtually.
Office of the Registrar
Building 1, Room 222
California Polytechnic State University
One Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0033
Email and Phone Availability
(Staffed Monday through Friday)
- Phone hours: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Evaluations does not have phone availability at this time.
While we are operating virtually, most of our service to students is provided via email. Current students: You can help us serve you by emailing from your Cal Poly email account; providing your name, your Cal Poly EMPL ID (viewable on your Portal), and your major; and being as specific with your question as possible.
For questions about Registration Issues, Leave of Absence, Withdrawals Course/Term, Verification Letters
For questions about Change of Degree Completion Date, ASSIST and Transfer Credit, Credit/No Credit Policy, Degree Progress Report, Curricular Substitutions
All questions concerning veterans should go to the Center for Military-Connected website or email including questions about Veteran's Benefits and Registration Status for Vets
For questions about ordering transcripts see transcript page. Other transcript questions including, Difficulty Ordering Transcripts Through Parchment
For questions about Degree Planner and Technical Issues with Degree Planner
For registration issues in Schedule Builder
For technical assistance with Schedule Builder
The Office of the Registrar is comprised of four areas:
- Records supports registration, verification of enrollment and degrees, official transcripts, grades and Veterans Administration requirements in accordance with Federal, State and University policies.
- Evaluations assesses and validates academic degree progress, application of transfer credit, development of course articulation agreements, major requirements, change of major, and the conferral of degrees. It also serves as the resource for all campus constituents on all degree-related matters, including the functional aspects of the Degree Progress Report. It also certifies NCAA athletes for eligibility.
- Class Scheduling oversees the scheduling of academic classes, first year block scheduling, Schedule Builder, and the campus master calendar.
- Curriculum, Catalog and Systems Management oversees the production of the institutional catalog, procedural and mechanical aspects of the curriculum process, the technical aspects of the Degree Progress Report, Degree Planner, and Dashboards.
Did you find an error or problem on the website? Please send the page URL and problem to us so we can fix it.