Office of the Registrar Forms
Virtual Operations - Form Processes
While the Office of the Registrar is operating virtually, please refer to the following paperwork processing instructions. Instructions will depend on the form format. The format of each individual form is specified in parentheses next to the title of the form below (forms will appear in PDF, E-Form, or PowerForm format):
- Forms will need to be downloaded and emailed to those who need to sign and approve the request. Once all signatures or approvals have been collected via email, send the email string and completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline specified on the form.
- If a form cannot be downloaded directly from this website, please follow the specific instructions that appear next to each form below.
- To complete an E-Form, click on the title of the form below. You will be directed to the Student Form Request page.
- When you complete and submit the Student Form Request, your major College Advising Center will begin the requested form on your behalf.
- You will receive an email in your Cal Poly email account once your major College Advising Center has initiated your E-Form. Please follow the instructions found in that email.
- PowerForms are E-Forms that do not need to be initiated by your major College Advising Center.
- When you complete your PowerForm, please be sure the Cal Poly email addresses you specify are perfectly accurate.
- When you hit "Submit," you will receive an email in your Cal Poly email account with an Adobe Sign copy of the form you need to complete. Please follow the instructions found in that email.
- There are several department-specific forms that were not created by the Office of the Registrar (Minor Declarations and Applications, ICS Declarations, etc.). You should contact your Department or College for more information about these forms.
Academic Progress and Records
- Notification of Earlier Expected Graduation Term – Undergraduate (PowerForm)
- To move your expected graduation to an earlier term.
- Request to Extend Expected Graduation Term - Undergraduate (E-Form)
- To move your expected graduation to a later term.
- NOTE: You will not be able to register beyond your stated degree completion term.
- Processing time: 5 business days after completed form has been received by the Office of the Registrar.
- Application for Graduation - Graduate (PowerForm)
- Change of Degree Completion Term – Graduate (PowerForm)
- Change of Catalog (PowerForm)
- For current students wishing to change their Cal Poly Catalog.
- Petition for Past Catalog (PowerForm)
- For departmental use only
- Former Student Evaluation Request (PowerForm)
- GE Substitution Form (PDF) – Please email email@example.com or contact your advisor
- Petition for Major or Support Course Substitution/Exception - Undergraduate (E-Form)
- U.S. Cultural Pluralism Requirement (USCP) Substitution Request (PowerForm)
- For use by students to request that another course be used to fulfill the USCP requirement.
- Repeat Petition for Grade Forgiveness (PowerForm)
- Drop Minor Request (PowerForm)
- Drop Concentration Request (PowerForm)
For information about how certain types of forms affect your Expected Academic Progress gauge (and so your registration appointment), refer to Evaluations Form and Transcript Processing Timeline.
Registration, Enrollment and Personal Information
- Audit (course) Petition (PowerForm)
- Excess Unit Petition (PowerForm)
- Petition to Exceed Repeat Limitation (PowerForm)
- Personal Information Change Form (PowerForm)
- Student (EMPL) ID Request (PowerForm)
- Verification Letter Request (PowerForm)
- If you are not eligible to submit a Verification Letter Request, please use "Share My Information" under the "Academics" Tab of your Cal Poly Portal.
- Credit by Examination Petition (PowerForm)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to this PowerForm.
- Intrasystem Visitors and/or Intrasystem Concurrent Enrollment Application (PDF) - Please email email@example.com or contact your advisor
- Time Conflict Request (E-Form)
- Please discuss your time conflict with your instructors before submitting your form.
- If you submit a Time Conflict Request after the add/drop period, a $20 registration fee will apply.
- Late Add Appeal (E-Form)
- $20 registration fee applies.
- If the course you are adding creates a time conflict with one of your existing courses, you must submit a Time Conflict Request, NOT a Late Add Appeal.
Withdraws (Course and Term), Absences and Departures
- To help you select the correct form for your particular circumstances, please visit the Drops, Withdraws, and Leaves page.