Office of the Registrar Forms
Please refer to the following paperwork processing instructions. Instructions will depend on the form format. The format of each individual form is specified in parentheses next to the title of the form below (Registrar forms will appear in PDF, E-Form, or PowerForm format):
- To complete an E-Form, click on the title of the form below. You will be directed to a Student Form Request page.
- When you complete and submit the Student Form Request, your major College Advising Center or the Office of the Registrar will begin the requested form on your behalf.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email in your Cal Poly email account once your form has been initiated. Please follow the instructions found in that email.
- PowerForms are E-Forms that do not need to be initiated by your major College Advising Center or the Office of the Registrar.
- When you complete your PowerForm, please be sure the Cal Poly email addresses you specify are perfectly accurate.
- When you hit "Submit," you will receive an email in your Cal Poly email account with an Adobe Sign copy of the form you need to complete. Please follow the instructions found in that email.
- Department-specific forms were not created by the Office of the Registrar. You should contact your Department or College for more information about these forms (including Minor Declarations and Applications, ICS Declarations, etc.).
Office of the Registrar Forms (Alphabetically)
- Audit (course) Petition (PowerForm)
- Submission deadline is the 8th of the term.
- Change of Catalog (PowerForm)
- For current students wishing to change their Cal Poly Catalog.
- Change of Degree Completion Term – Graduate (PowerForm)
- Credit by Examination Petition (PowerForm)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to this PowerForm.
- Drop Concentration Request (PowerForm)
- Drop Minor Request (PowerForm)
- Excess Unit Petition (PowerForm)
- Former Student Evaluation Request (PowerForm)
- GE Substitution Form (PDF)
- Please email email@example.com or contact your advisor to receive a PDF blank copy of this form
- Intrasystem Visitors and/or Intrasystem Concurrent Enrollment Application (PDF) -
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your advisor to receive a blank PDF copy of this form
- Late Enrollment Appeal (PowerForm)
- The spring 2023 Late Enrollment Appeal deadline has passed.
- $20 registration fee applies.
- If the course you are adding creates a time conflict with one of your existing courses, you must submit a Time Conflict Request, NOT a Late Enrollment Appeal.
- Notification of Earlier Expected Graduation Term – Undergraduate (PowerForm)
- To move your expected graduation to an earlier term.
- Personal Information Change Form (PowerForm)
- Petition to Exceed Repeat Limitation (PowerForm)
- Petition for Major or Support Course Substitution/Exception - Undergraduate (E-Form)
- Petition for Past Catalog (PowerForm)
- For departmental use only.
- Repeat Petition for Grade Forgiveness (PowerForm)
- Request to Extend Expected Graduation Term - Undergraduate (E-Form)
- To move your expected graduation to a later term.
- NOTE: You will not be able to register beyond your stated degree completion term.
- Processing time: 5 business days after completed form has been received by the Office of the Registrar
- Student (EMPL) ID Request (PowerForm)
- Time Conflict Request (PowerForm)
- The spring 2023 Time Conflict Request submission period has passed.
- Please discuss your Time Conflict with your instructors before submitting your form.
- If you submit a Time Conflict Request after the add/drop period, a $20 registration fee will apply.
- U.S. Cultural Pluralism Requirement (USCP) Substitution Request (PowerForm)
- For use by students to request that another course be used to fulfill the USCP requirement.
- Verification Letter Request (PowerForm)
- If you have additional documents, you have the option of attaching your documentation to the Adobe Sign form.
- Processing time: 7-10 business days. Other options available to you are: "Enrollment Verification" or "Share My Information" under the "Academics" Tab of your Cal Poly Portal.
Withdraws (Course and Term), Absences, and Departures
- To help you select the correct form for your particular circumstances, please visit the Drops, Withdraws, and Leaves page.
For information about how certain types of forms affect your Expected Academic Progress gauge (and so your registration appointment), refer to Evaluations Form and Transcript Processing Timeline.