Transfer Credit Evaluations
Submitting Transfer Credit to Evaluations
Currently Enrolled Cal Poly Students:
Refer to Evaluations Form and Transcript Processing Timeline for information about when we process transfer work for current Cal Poly students. Once the official transcript has been evaluated, courses will be added to the student’s record and will be viewable on the Degree Progress Report.
Transfer work received after the last day of classes will be evaluated after the Expected Academic Progress (EAP) gauge updates the next quarter; we will make every effort to do so before registration begins, in order to help students meet prerequisites.
Articulation and ASSIST
Current ASSIST display
Course articulation agreements for the most recent academic years (2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019) published up to April 30, 2019, can be viewed in academic year (2016-2017) on ASSIST.org. Cal Poly will honor all articulation shown in academic year (2016-2017) for subsequent years (2017-2018, 2018-2019).
Not currently available on ASSIST
August 9, 2019 is the expected date when all agreements will become available at the new ASSIST.org.
Until then, see Cal Poly individual course-to-course agreements approved after April 30, 2019.
Other recommended resources
It is recommended all agreements be used in conjunction with the Cal Poly Catalog, which will indicate the most up-to date curriculum, and the Transfer Selection Criteria, indicating up-to-date course listings required for competitive admission.
- ASSIST.org Current articulation agreements with California Community Colleges and other CSU campuses are maintained on ASSIST, a public database that displays how lower division course units can be applied after transfer. Cal Poly faculty-approved course-to-course agreements are organized by department, by prefix, and by major.
- How To Use ASSIST: Read this page first before using ASSIST – General Education Chart explains the different GE patterns between CP and other California Colleges.
For more information on taking summer school classes, refer to advising.calpoly.edu
Requesting Transcripts From Other Schools:
Once you have completed course(s) from another institution please request for them to send your official transcript to:
California Polytechnic State University
Admission Office (01-206)
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Cal Poly will accept transcripts received via Parchment. If your school is registered with Parchment, please select Cal Poly San Luis Obispo as your institution and your transcripts will be sent directly to us.
If your institution provides certified electronic transcripts through a provider other than Parchment, please have those transcripts sent directly from your institution to email@example.com
Final Transcripts Required
The Evaluations Unit requires students to send transcripts from ALL external colleges and universities where enrollment has occurred, even if those courses are not needed to count towards the Cal Poly degree. The Evaluations Unit will not award a student’s degree until all transcripts are sent with final grades/resolution. Final grades/resolution may be a letter grade, a grade of W, or the removal of the course from the transcript. If a transcript is received with “in progress” grades, Evaluations will hold for the final grades/resolution, even if a student withdraws or fails.
I am going home for the summer and I plan to attend classes at the local California community college. How do I find out if the class(es) will transfer over to Cal Poly?
- If you want to take a major or support course, check the ASSIST website for an articulation agreement between Cal Poly and the other college.
- If it's a GE course you want, go to ASSIST, and select the college you will attend. Click on "CSU GE-Breadth Certification List", select by 'Area' and match the Area Titles (not the Area #s).
- If the course or type of course or college you want to go to is not on the ASSIST list, please check with your Advising Center, major dept advisor or the Evaluations Unit of the Office of the Registrar (805-756-2396). After you have reviewed the ASSIST website and/or you know that an articulation agreement does not exist, you may attempt to obtain the appropriate course substitution form from your major department and obtain the appropriate signatures.
- Summer Out of state information.