Google Tag Manager

Cal Poly Global Site Tag

Degree Progress Report Guide


How to Access Your Degree Progress Report (DPR)

Your Degree Progress Report (DPR) can be found in your Student Center. To navigate to your DPR, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Click on your Student Center in the "My Apps" section of your My Cal Poly Portal:

Student Center under My Apps in portal

Step 2: Open the "Academic Progress" drop-down menu and select "Degree Progress Report (DPR)":

Student Center Dashboard with Academic Progress drop-down menu

How to Read Your Degree Progress Report (DPR)

Begin by familiarizing yourself with the options and details at the top of your Degree Progress Report. Remember to read all IMPORTANT NOTES throughout your report.

Click "Additional Info" to read additional important messaging before you begin to review your report:

Additional Info button


At the top of your DPR, you can find your active student career:

Active student career drop-down menu with Undergraduate career


You will also see a button that allows you to hide Satisfied and Satisfied - IP (in progress) degree requirements (this will include courses that have grades of I or RP). Selecting this option will only display Not Satisfied requirements remaining in your DPR. To turn this feature on, simply click the button (a green check mark will appear when the feature is active). To return to the full view of your DPR, click the button again:

Hide Satisfied Requirements button


Your Degree Progress Report will display your degree requirements as Satisfied, Satisfied - IP (meaning in progress requirements, courses that have received a grade of I, and courses that have received a grade of RP), or Not Satisfied. Satisfied requirements will display as green, Satisfied - IP requirements will display as green, and Not Satisfied requirements will display as red:

Degree requirements satisfaction options


Please note: The status of a requirement may display as in progress even when the requirement is met. In the example below, 27 units are needed to satisfy the requirement. The student has completed 48 relevant units to satisfy the requirement, but the requirement still displays as Satisfied - IP. This occurs because all relevant units are counted:

Satisfied - IP requirement example


Clicking on the carrot to the right of each DPR section or requirement opens that section/requirement and reveals additional details.

To see specific requirement information, first open the section that houses that requirement. In the example below, "General Education Requirements" have been opened, and the GE Areas are now displayed:

Open DPR section example


To further refine the view of the Degree Progress Report, continue opening sections/requirements to drill down into the details of the report. In the example below, GE Area A has now been opened, and the A1 requirement is displayed.

If you want to see which specific course fulfilled the requirement, click the "View Courses" button. To return to the previous screen, simply click the back arrow on your web browser:

Degree requirement examples


You can also see missing units when you open specific DPR sections and/or degree requirements. In the example below, the student is missing units needed to complete their concentration. By opening the section, you can clearly see how many units have been completed and how many units are still needed to satisfy the requirement:

Unit count example in the Degree Progress Report


The "Course Credits Not Used" section will display units that are not being applied toward the completion of any degree requirement.

If you see units reflected in the "Course Credits Not Used" section, and you believe said units can and should be applied toward a degree requirement, please speak with your academic advisor:

Course credits not used section

How to Read the PDF of Your Degree Progress Report (DPR)

To see additional details about your degree requirements, you can click on the "View PDF" button at the top of your Degree Progress Report:

View PDF button


The PDF of your Degree Progress Report does not include icons to indicate the status of your degree requirement. Instead, simply look for the status (Satisfied or Not Satisfied) in the heading of the requirement. If the course is in progress, the status in the PDF of your DPR will read as "Satisfied."

In addition to the details found in your Degree Progress Report, the PDF of your DPR also allows you to see the type of credit being used to fulfill your degree requirements:

Example of credit type

When reviewing credit "Type," you will see four different options:

  • TR = Transfer credit
  • EN = Cal Poly enrollment
  • TE = Test credit
  • IP = In progress work


These credit "Type" options can be seen throughout the PDF of the Degree Progress Report. Please note their use in the "Course Credits Not Used (Counted)" section. If you have questions about how your transfer credits or exam credits have been applied to your degree, you will be able to find the credit type reflected ONLY in the PDF of your DPR:

Course credits not used (counted) section


In the PDF, you can quickly determine if a course substitution or exception has been completed. Substitutions/exceptions are noted with a lavender triangle:

Lavender triangle with an exclamation point in it


At the bottom of the PDF of your Degree Progress Report, you can also find a "Course History" section that concisely lists all your courses, both completed and in progress. This list includes term completed, catalog number, grade earned, and other course details:

Course Hisotry list

Related Content