Academic Disqualification Status Appeal Form
Before completing this online form
- Carefully review Cal Poly’s Academic Probation and Disqualification Policy.
- Reflect on the circumstances that have contributed to your academic disqualification status.
- Type your appeal and success plan in a separate document first, then cut and paste it into the appropriate sections below.
- Have all supporting documents (if applicable and available) ready in PDF format labeled EXACTLY as shown. CalPolyUsername_major_DocName.pdf (EX: cpmusty1_psyc_DrNote.pdf).
- Review academic probation support page to learn about resources, how to calculate GPA, explanation of policy.
- Reference other resources if needed:
Basis for Appeal
Students in disqualification status are encouraged to submit a written appeal to explain any extenuating circumstances, including personal hardship, that have impeded their ability to succeed academically. Appeals may include additional documentation that provides support verifying these circumstances (i.e., a note from doctor or counselor, medical statements, financial statements, etc.). If you plan to appeal, please submit by the deadline even if you do not yet have related documentation.
Once submitted, this appeal packet and supporting documentation become property of Cal Poly.
Appeal is due no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 22, 2022. You will be notified via your Cal Poly email address of the final decision by 12:00 noon, Tuesday, June 28, 2022.
Form is now closed. If you have specific questions, you can reach out to your college advising center.