Google Tag Manager

Cal Poly Global Site Tag

Transcript Request Instructions

Ordering Official Transcripts

Official transcripts may be ordered in electronic or paper form. Official transcripts are printed on official transcript paper, bear the University Seal and include the University Registrar's signature. Upon request, official transcripts can be sent to students, alumni, other institutions, employers or organizations. Official paper transcripts are provided in a sealed envelope and must remain in the unopened, sealed envelope until presented to the other institution, employer or organization. Electronic transcripts are official only when sent directly to the intended recipient.

Transcripts are ordered through Parchment Exchange. This service offers paper or electronic transcripts.

Need current term grades or your degree to show on your transcripts?

If you need the current term grades to appear on your transcripts, make sure to place the order after all grades have been finalized for the term. Please refer to the Student Planning Calendar for the date when all grades are finalized.

If you are a recent graduate and need your degree to appear on your transcripts, check your Poly Profile to see if your degree has been conferred before ordering your transcripts.


Current and Recent Students

Students who are currently enrolled in Cal Poly classes or whose last term of attendance was not more than eight quarters from present term.

Order Official Transcripts

Order official transcripts using Parchment Exchange on your portal.

  1. Sign into your portal. Go to the Academics Tab > Degree Information > Official Transcript.
  2. Sign into your Parchment account. You will be required to authenticate through the portal.
  3. You may need to register with Parchment. This will be the only time you will need to register with Parchment if accessing Parchment Exchange through your secure portal.
  4. Note: If you have an attachment to go with your official transcript you may attach it during the ordering process.

Recent students. If your Portal password has expired, you will need to reset your password by calling the ITS Help Desk at 805-756-7000, to be able to log on to your portal.

Transcripts are $10 each.

Former Students

Students who have not attended Cal Poly in more than eight quarters.

Order Official Transcripts

  1. Go to your Parchment account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account. This will be the only time you will need to register with Parchment.
  2. Note: If you have an attachment to go with your official transcript you may attach it during the ordering process.

Transcripts are $10 each.

Continuing Education Students

Students who enrolled through Continuing Education or Open University will follow ordering instructions for Former Student.

Unofficial Transcripts

An Unofficial Transcript is one that does not bear a University Seal, but contains all of the relevant academic information of course completion, grades and GPA from Cal Poly. Unofficial transcripts are typically used by students for informational purposes.

Cal Poly only offers Unofficial Transcripts via Poly Profile to students with access to the portal. Former students who have not attended for eight quarters or more do not have access to unofficial transcripts.

Access your Unofficial Transcripts through your portal and the “Academics” tab. You will find your Poly Profile under “General Degree Resources” in the “Degree Information” channel.

You can track your transcript orders through Parchment’s secure website.

Written Transcript Request

Only students who do not have the ability to order transcripts electronically can request transcripts in writing. Processing time for a written request is 15 business days once received.

Your request must include the following information:
Name (and any former names used while at Cal Poly)
Student ID (Empl) Number
Dates of Attendance
Degree(s) Earned

Mail Requests to:
Office of the Registrar
Cal Poly State University
1 Grand Avenue
Building 1, Room 222
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0033

Please call for cost and payment method, 805-756-2531.


I need a transcript ASAP! What can I do to expedite the process?

You can choose the Overnight Delivery option when ordering transcripts through Parchment.

Verification Letters

If you are:

  1. A third-party investigator
  2. A Cal Poly student who requires a verification of disciplinary records
  3. A Cal Poly student who has forms requiring the signature of the Office of the Registrar

You may submit a Verification Letter Request.

If you do not fall into one of these three categories, DO NOT submit a Verification Letter Request. Instead, please use the "Share My Information" option found under the "Academics" Tab of your Cal Poly Portal.

Please direct questions regarding transcripts to

Related Content