Curriculum Management System
The online Curriculum Management System is used for submitting, reviewing, tracking, and approving course and program proposals for the Cal Poly Catalog. The software is commercially known as CourseLeaf CIM from Leepfrog Technologies and interfaces with the University’s PeopleSoft Student Administration system and the content management system for the Cal Poly Catalog.
All course and program proposals for the Cal Poly catalog are submitted in the Curriculum Management system with the following exceptions:
- Form for Selected Topics course proposals.
- For new degree programs or proposal to discontinue degree programs, contact the Academic Programs and Planning Office.
Who has Access to the Curriculum Management System?
All faculty have access to the online system. In the event a faculty member is not in the system please e-mail email@example.com to request access. In general, staff do not have access to the system because faculty have responsibility for the curriculum. If a staff member requires access, their department chair/head or associate dean may request access by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and access may be granted temporarily on a case by case basis.
Logging into the Curriculum Management System
To access the Curriculum Management System, log into the portal using your Cal Poly username and password. Navigate to the “Academics” tab and locate the “Curriculum Management” portlet. In the portlet you have the option to select:
Course Inventory Management
- to edit, deactivate, or propose a course
- to check status of a course proposal
- to view previous proposals for a course, going back to the 2015-17 catalog
- to edit a program’s description, learning objectives, or curriculum
- to deactivate or propose a new concentration, minor, specialization, or graduate certificate
to roll back, edit and/or approve proposals pending your review, if you have an approver role in the system
Roles in the Curriculum Management System
- College Librarian: receives notification of new course proposals submitted by their respective college
- Department Curriculum Chair: rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals on behalf of a department’s curriculum committee
- Department Chair/Head: reviews and rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals
- College Curriculum Chair: rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals on behalf of a college’s curriculum committee
- Associate Dean: reviews and rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals.
- GEGB Chair: rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals on behalf of the General Education Governance Board.
- USCP Chair: rolls back, edits, and/or approves proposals on behalf of the U.S. Cultural Pluralism Committee.
- ASCC Chair: rolls back, edits, and /or approves proposals on behalf of the Academic Senate Curriculum Committee
Business Process Guides and Training
For more information check out the Frequently Asked Question's (FAQ's) page.
The Office of the Registrar offers individual and/or group training, depending on demand. If you would like to schedule a training session, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
The Office of the Registrar provides user support for the online system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.